Tuesday, September 14, 2010

30 Days of me - Day 5


Day 5 picture of somewhere I have been to.
Well I have been here!! Ayers Rock, sorry Uluru. It was the highlight our Aussie trip when we moved over here. I didn't walk on it though (that wouldn't be nice would it!.. and it's very high!!) We just did the dawn walk around it.
It was pre digital camera's, so all mine are in an album. We also fly over it in a helicopter, I nearly poo'd my pants as my door wasn't shut properly (which is OK apparently!!) and thought I was going to fall out and be eaten by a dingo!
But honestly, it was the most amazing thing to see and you did feel like you had stepped back in time, thousands of years ago. The colours and light have to been to be believed. I could really talk about this for ages, it was very magical being there. Especially as my lovely husband proposed to me when we went to the Sounds of Silence Dinner (in the queue to the toilet!!!!). He did want to propose at the dinner table, as we were sat with eight strangers and he wanted to do it privately!! I didn't have a clue, I thought he had been quiet all day, but was maybe just dumbfounded by being there. No, he was just nervous. So of course I said, all our table friends where staying at our hotel and bought up champagne and get us up drinking until 3.30am and we had to be up at 5am to the dawn Uluru walk. Wonder how many people have done that walk with a ranging hangover!!
Ahhh.. memories.. that was March 6th 2002. We got married a year later exactly. All dates were a coincidence I add, I'm not some mad mystic numbers person.
So if you get the chance to go,, GO. It is amazing, it's a pricey trip up there (as it really is in the middle of nowhere) but worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment