Monday, September 27, 2010

30 Days of me - Day 17

Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why?

A few days late with this one, I've been mulling this one over and really have several million answers but I know that just won't do!

I would really like to be an animal or a dead person or a mythical being, is that allowed? Well it's my blog so I guess I can make up the rules.

Animal - I would like to be a Lion in the planes of Africa eating gazzels and roaming around doing what Lions do, sleep and look cool. I would snarl at the tourists in their landrover and maybe even chase one or two just to give them a good old fashioned fright!

Dead Person - It would have to be JFK, I would like to be him on the 22 November 1963. And I would say, hey you know I don't fancy going to Texas today think I'll stay at home and read the papers! I have always been interested in the whole conspiracy theory around this, but having said that being him for the day wouldn't reveal the truth behind his death anyway, so scrap that idea!

Mythical Being - Well of course it would have to be Robin Hood. Was he just a nice bloke that just helped himself to some rich blokes food stores and give it to a few mates? I would love to step back in time and see how they really lived. I am pretty sure that there are elements of Robin Hood that are maybe true, but it would be interesting to see how the story evolved and how 'he' came about. Did he wear tights? Did he hang out with such a weird collectin of people? All these questions I could answer and make a film out of it!

But seriously, if I had to pick just one person, I would have to be someone that really made a mark on the world, someone who had vision, talent and that really inspired people. And, because I love music and the impact it has on peoples lives, I would have to pick a musician. So tonight Matthew I am going to be.... John Lennon. Talented, gifted, stubborn, creative and misunderstood. I would be him on any day, I think around the time this home movie was made he was at his happiest, so late 1970's before his sad death in 1980. He wrote this song to explain what he had been doing for the past 6 six (from 1974-1980). This song and video says it all really! Enjoy. RIP John


No comments:

Post a Comment